Are you suffering from Heavy or Painful Period during menstruation?
If you suffering from heavy or painful period during menstruation, you are not alone. Heavy or Painful periods during menstruation are common and can be attributed to a variety different reasons. Many women lose an extensive amount of blood during their menstruation period. Doctors refers to this kind of heavy bleeding as 'menorrhagia'. This is usually coupled with other signs as well such as extreme pain (referred to by doctors as "endometriosis") that will manifest simultaneously. Common belief is that heavy bleeding and the accompanying pain doesn't always mean there's anything seriously wrong, however the medical reality is that heavy bleeding and pain during menstruation periods can have a major affect on a woman physically as well asemotionally, and it will naturally upset a woman's daily life.
The common causes of heavy bleeding and pain during menstruation periods may be one of nine different reasons, and these will include:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) which is a common condition that affects how the ovaries work, and it causes irregular periods, and when periods return they can be heavy.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) – an infection in the upper genital tract (the womb, fallopian tubes or ovaries) that can cause pelvic or abdominal pain and bleeding after sex or between periods.
- Fibroids – non-cancerous growths that develop in or around the womb and can cause heavy or painful periods.
- Adenomyosis – when tissue from the womb lining becomes embedded in the wall of the womb.
- Endometriosis – when small pieces of the womb lining are found outside the womb, such as in the fallopian tubes, ovaries, bladder or vagina (although this is more likely to cause painful periods) an under-active thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) – where the thyroid gland doesn't produce enough hormones, causing tiredness, weight gain and feelings of depression.
- Cervical or endometrial polyps – non-cancerous growths in the lining of the womb or cervix (neck of the womb).
- Blood clotting disorders, such as Von Willebrand disease.
- Cancer of the womb (although this is relatively rare)
According to an article published on March 13, 2014 in The National daily newspaper in the UAE, an awareness campaign about endometriosis effects was conducted by Dubai Health Authority, Latifa Hospital, Dubai Hospital in collaboration with ExpatWomen to increase awareness among women on this topic. However, two and half years later a survey was conducted among UAE and Expat women in the UAE, found that 91% lack sufficient knowledge about ''endometriosis"
The reality is that such conditions can cause serious medical problems that may cause cancer, obesity, diabetes, infertility and death in the most serious of cases.
If you are suffering from heavy bleeding and pain during your menstruation periods, don't just take a pain killer and weather the issue and ignore the problem, thinking that it is just a natural part of your own physiology. There are specific recommended steps that you can actually take to eradicate the problem of heavy bleeding and extreme pain during your menstrual period.
Follow these recommended steps:
- Do not ignore the problem, it is NOT Normal
- You should seek medical help from a qualified gynecologist with specific experience
- Use only natural, non-toxic sanitary products, that will improve your condition and help you fight against the recurrence of the problem.
- Use specific recommended products that may be recommended by your physician that will actually help you fight to eradicate the problem.
Health Gate is one organization that produces similar natural products that fight such medical issues, and help you lead a healthy life. HG Anion is one such product, which is a Sanitary Napkin for women that is designed with all natural material, with the addition of a Negative Ion breakthrough technology that is known to help fight and even eradicate such problems.